Mini Zucchini Pizzas! A healthier version of a pizza bagel bite.
- Zucchini (I used just one and it fed two of us)
- Part skim mozzarella
- Turkey Pepperoni
- No Salt Tomato Sauce
Cut the zucchini into thin slices, then add on top tomato sauce, spinach, cheese, and pepperoni. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes or so. And there you go!
If you want a crunchier zucchini, I’d grill it first, then add everything. I’ll probably try that next time.
Altogether, for 2 tacos, this is what’s in it:
- I used El Paso Standing Shells. They are made with wheat, and don’t have any preservatives. I put 6 in the oven for 4 minutes at 325 degrees.
- I used ground turkey meat instead of ground beef, turkey meat is a lot leaner. I also used a little bit of taco seasoning, just stir in after the meat is cooked.
- I used no fat shredded cheese from Kraft, and a little bit of Athenos Feta.
- Organic Spinach
- 306 Calories
- 21 Carbs
- 12 Fat
- 1 Sugar
So, it’s not too bad. Especially not compared to regular tacos from, say, Taco Casa, which are 530 calories, 34 grams of fat, and 26 carbs.
- Turkey bacon
- Low fat cheese (one slice, I use Sargento)
- Whole wheat bread
- Miracle whip
- Toast the bread
- Make turkey bacon on the stove
- Put onto the sandwich along with spinach, cheese, & an itty bitty bit of miracle whip
- 1 cup no salt tomato sauce
- 1 (10-oz.) package prebaked whole wheat thin Italian pizza crust (or organic)
- 1/4 cup turkey pepperoni slices (about 24)
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Feta cheese (not pictured)
- Spinach (not pictured)
- Bake in oven at 450 degrees for 9-12 minutes.
- Eat it.
- 1 banana cut into chunks
- 1 or 2 scoops of whey protein (according to brand)
- 3 large strawberries
- 1/2 cup of skim milk
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 1/2 cup of yogurt
- Blend it up until it’s liquid, then drink it.